Saturday, 30 March 2013

Easter chicks

Hello everyone. Hope you are all looking forward to Easter whatever it means to you. Whether you are religious or not Easter is about new life.
We had a ride out this afternoon along with little O and her mum and dad to a nearby farmshop. They usually have a series of events over the Easter weekend, unfortunately the weather put paid to any outdoor activities.But they did have some newborn chicks on display in the corner of the tea room,( which is situated in a lovely old barn conversion).Little O was fascinated and they allowed her to hold a couple of them. She sat with her daddy cupping her hands and gently held them as they were placed in her hands.



She loves animals of all shapes and sizes and was fascinated by the chicks.She doesn't seem to have any fear of  animals, Marmalade usually runs for cover when she hears O's squeals because she knows that she would otherwise try and scoop her up for a cuddle. My eldest four grandchildren are terrified of Marmalade, I think over the years she has had a crafty swipe out at each of them in turn but she doesn't seem to hold any fear for O.

Marmalade has been back to the vet's for her check up and he is very pleased with her progress.She should be able to have the plastic collar off next week.When he took it off to check her out you could almost hear Marmalade's sigh of relief.

I was thrilled to look out of our bedroom window this morning to spot one of the foxes that live in the fields opposite. I'm sure my neighbours would think I was some kind of peeping tom if they spotted me with my binoculars trained on the fox! They are fascinating creatures, hated by some, loved by others. I had been looking for them all winter, they normally come close when the weather is bad in search of food but this is the first glimpse since Autumn.When we first moved in here I was struck by the variety of wildlife about, birds, rabbits and the foxes. As the building work progressed around us the birds moved away but I think they are gradually moving back in, at least I hope so.
Anyway, Hope you all have a wonderful Easter, don't eat too much chocolate!!

25 comments:

  1. Anne, wishing you and your family a wonderful easter too...is it still snowing or has it all cleared by now? thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, Anne! It's good to know Marmalade only has another week to go with that contraption around her neck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicks are just so irresistable, aren't they? Fluffy and cute. Glad to hear that Marmalade is improving, she'll be so pleased to get rid of that collar. Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Anne hope you have a lovely time with the grandchildren.Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the expression on O's face!
    I'm glad your wildlife is coming back.We CAN all live together if we remember we are on THEIR land!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet photos, yes, new life for Easter, such cute little chicks and O looks totally fascinated.
    Glad the vet is happy with Marmalade's progress, I'll tell our "Rosie" the good news. She is in disgrace having been sick on our bed yesterday!
    Have a lovely Easter.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Marmalade is doing better.Our cat hates going out but since we have had 14 inches of snow we can't keep him in.he loves it!Strange old things aren't they.Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable little chicks - they are fun to touch and hold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much fun it must have been for little O to hold the sweet baby chicks, and what fun that you were able to share in that memory.
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear Marmalade is on the mend Anne. We have two foxes which visit us several times a week and like you wonder what the neighbours must think when I take photos of them. We feed them too but don't own up to that very often as I know many people see them as a nuisance. Have a wonderful Easter.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a Happy Easter to you and yours.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happ Easter to you. Don't worry about chocolate eating. I'm on an enforced ban of it right now. Boo-Hoo.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've gone weak at the knees, those wee chicks are so adorable (as is your sweet lil O). Happy Easter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Easter post, just lovely, especially the tiny chicks.
    My Aunt used to raise chickens and had the chicks in the kitchen all huddles around a heater, it bought back memories.
    Glad Marmalade has had the collar off, I've had a few cats in the past with collars and they hate them, Kitty my old ginger (no long with us) always managed to get it off somehow.
    Spotting the fox is wonderful, we feed the foxes each night and recently were surprised when a new comer arrived without a tail, looks very strange.
    I see you love car boots, I live for my car boots and couldn't do without having my weekly fix. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not a single Easter egg in our house - perhaps that's a good thing. Glad Marmalade's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Little O and the chicks--adorable!
    I'm glad Marmalade is recovering. How exciting to see a fox, and that the wildlife is finding its way back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The little chicks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ~ Awwww this is a lovely post, Anne!LOVE those wee chicks....Easter blessings to YOU...I would have been fox watching too....I simply love them....When I was quite small I rallied a petitioned to have one moved from our local pets corner in our small park!She was being taunted by the children....I named her Cuba..I always remember this....
    With kind thoughts and chocolate hugs...Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a fab Easter. Love the chick photos.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anne, what a great treat for the little ones to see all the babies. Glad poor little Marmalade is on the mend and thanks for your nice Easter message.Hope yours was good and we had a great one, our kids came up. I will post about it tomorrow..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad Marmalade is getting better. Is there anything cuter than newborn chicks? haha. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks again, Anne. It was a very special day..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you have had a wonderful Easter, Anne :) The chicken photos are so cute. Looks like your grandaughter had a good time there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy easter anne! O is the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete